Have you ever wished you could use Amazon Alexa’s voice commands in your car? Well with the all-new Lexus ES and your smartphone, you can! This guide will take you through the setup process step-by-step so that you too can make use of this great feature.
Note: If you haven’t downloaded the Enform App Suite 2.0 yet, that will be the first app you need to get started. You can find it in the Google Play Store by searching “Enform App Suite 2.0” and pressing “Download.” Another app we’ll need is the Lexus+Alexa app, so go ahead and download it from the Google Play Store as well.
1. Open the Enform App Suite 2.0 app so that you can set it up before we begin. This will allow your phone and your Lexus to communicate with one another for easy operation.
2. Open Lexus+Alexa and sign in with your Amazon account credentials or create a new account if you don’t already have one.
3. Pair your Android phone with your car.
4. Launch Lexus+Alexa from your multimedia system, under Menu > Apps.
5. Now you’re ready to ask Alexa! Just say “Alexa,” wait for the chime, and state your request. Some things you can ask are:
“Alexa, what is the forecast?”
“Alexa, play music.”
“Alexa, add eggs to my grocery list.”\
“Alexa, turn on the front porch light.”
For now, the Lexus+Alexa app is only available for Android phones with iPhone availability coming early 2019.
If you have any questions about Alexa or any other technology in your car, feel free to ask our technology specialist, Cody! Just give us a call or drop by Reinhardt Lexus today!